3 minute read
It’s an understatement that this academic year has not turned out at all as we expected. But from uncertainty comes growth and a renewed appreciation for how all pieces of our communities work together to thrive. There’s been an outpouring of gratitude toward the many roles that contribute to our society’s daily functioning. Around the world, people and communities have pulled together to lift each other up, keep each other nourished, and build resilience.
Embracing and supporting our community has always been a central value of The Answer Class.
We’re proud that, while schools have been closed, we’ve been able to provide students and families with our signature curriculum, presented live by our specially trained teachers. We hope that our courses have brought some much-needed structure to students’ preparation for the standardized tests’ return in the fall.
Even though our classes have moved online to keep our families and teachers safe, we’re still donating a portion of tuition collected to the hosting school or school-sponsored organization. We look forward to hearing about the awesome programs that these funds will support. We’re thrilled that in the past,
donations have helped fund a new media center, take students on college visits, provide scholarships for college to graduating seniors, enable low-income students to take The Answer Class, help fund After-Prom activities, and support programs for Junior classes.
We’d also love to give a special shout-out to our partner schools that have raised the most funds this academic year.
- Severna Park High School – 111 student attendees have raised over $3,300 for the SPHS Junior Class.
- Hammond High School – 89 student attendees have raised nearly $2,600 for the school.
- South River High School – 87 student attendees have raised over $2,500 for the SRHS PTSO.
- Atholton High School – 69 student attendees have raised almost $2,000 for the AHS PTSA.
We can’t wait to donate even more money to our partner schools in the upcoming year!
If your school is in need of funds for an upcoming project, we’ve developed a simple process:
- Schedule an SAT or ACT course with The Answer Class. We’d love to talk with you about becoming a partner school! For the safety of our students and teachers, for now, all classes are being held live online. Once it is safe to return to in-person classes, most area schools hold the course in one of their classrooms. A few partners opt to hold their classes off-campus.
- Spread the word to your school and community, using our personalizable toolkit, which contains templates for your school newsletter, emails to parents, and social media. The more students register for the course, the higher our donation!
- After the course is complete, we’ll donate 20% of all tuition collected back to your school or school-sponsored organization. You can use the funds however will most benefit your school and community.
If you’re interested in scheduling a course for your school or would like a flyer about summer SAT & ACT prep to share with your school community, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re ready and excited to support you and your students!